Hi all here is my first blog and I am starting with one of the most exciting product launches we have had in the salon to date. Dermalogica are very excited to introduce the amazing Overnight Retinol Repair which we now have in stock in the salon.
What is Retinol I hear you all say?
Well, retinol is one of the most powerful, and popular, ingredients sought out by consumers and recommended by medical professionals to help diminish visible wrinkles, fine lines and hyperpigmentation. Retinol has remarkable abilities to restore the structural integrity of the skin. This truly is a game changer skin product.
This is the first of its kind where YOU, the client, customize your own concentration of this night time treatment. It combines powerful microencapsulated Retinol with age-fighting peptides, stabilized Vitamin C, and Copper amino acids to synergistically accelerate skin renewal and dramatically reduce the appearance of skin aging. Wow!
* Active, microencapsulated Retinol (0.5%) induces collagen synthesis, and helps reduce visible fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration and uneven skin texture.
* Powerful Peptides help boost collagen production, firm skin and increase hydration and tone.
* Antioxidant, collagen-stimulating Vitamin C enhances collagen biosynthesis.
* A bioenergized Copper amino acid complex helps reduce visible wrinkles and improve skin firmness.
* Ceramides and active Polysaccharides hydrate and prevent water loss in the skin, helping soften fine lines.
* Licorice and Lavender help soothe the skin.
Why use at night ?
There are several reasons that it is for night time use
1.To preserve the integrity of Retinol, which is susceptible to degradation when exposed to sunlight.
2.To work directly on clean skin without interacting with cosmetics or other topically-applied products.
3.To coordinate with the body’s natural nighttime circadian rhythm when cell renewal is at its prime.
How to use?
The Overnight Retinol Repair is 30ml in size and comes with an aloe based buffer cream. It is designed to be mixed so you can customise your product and increase as time goes on.
Firstly start with one part Retinol to three parts buffer, for the first two weeks, if you are sensitive use on alternate nights. Avoid the eye area completely. After two weeks increase the Retinol dilution as Niamh or Tracey have prescribed. If your buffer cream runs out you can use your dermlaogica cream ( active moist, skin smoothing or intensive moisture balance ).
Also do not use within 72 hours of waxing on the face, and make sure to wear SPF daily.
It costs €91.25 and can be posted no charge upon request.
Any further questions please call us in the salon (025) 86878.